Our two communities of Simonton and Fulshear will discover our strength in working together during this difficult time. My sincere thanks for the outpouring of generosity to help our neighbors in need.
Dale Olson, Director of Family Hope
Dale Olson, Family Hope: 832-492-5136; dale@FamilyHopeFulshear.org
Chris Saulner, Simonton Community Church: 281-346-1221
Office of Emergency Management (Kathy Renfrow)
Fort Bend Hope 713-851-1630 (text); Transportation to shelters: 281-633-7433
Shelter Facilities for Flood Victims: 281-633-7433
Shelter #1: First Baptist Church, Richmond: 502 S. 5th St, Richmond; 281-342-8664
Shelter #2: River Pointe Church, Richmond: 5000 Ransom Rd.
ResourcesAvailable for Flood Victims
Fort Bend Social Services, Anna Gonzales: 281-238-3503
Family Hope, Dale Olson: 832-492-5136
Second Mile will give Emergency Food Boxes for immediate use. Contact Dale Olson
HELP FLOOD VICTIMS
- CASH/CHECK/CREDIT CARD Donations through Family Hope
- DONATIONS through Churches: During the first week, we are asking people to give cash donations, gift cards to Walmart and Home Depot and Water Bottles. Donations needed once storage space is located: Gift Cards to Walmart & Home Depot, Toiletries, Water Bottles, Children & Adult Clothing (new), Socks/underwear, Diapers, Baby Formula, and Cleaning materials. Tiffany Guarisco is organizing Cleaning Supplies: 912-398-8946.
- List of contractors: Electricians are needed to certify a house approved to turn on electricity
- Construction volunteers: volunteers need to check-in with Simonton Community Church before working on any home site. All work MUST be approved by the homeowner first. Volunteers will need to fill out a form. City of Simonton requires all volunteers to register on their website with the Emergency Event Volunteer Forms at www.simontontexas.org to be able to access the area.
- Dinner Volunteers: Monday – Saturday, June 6—11, dinner will be served in the Family Life Center at Simonton Community Church from 6:00pm-- 8:00pm. If your church or organization wants to provide or serve one of these meals, please call Rylee Burton: 832-877-0466. Volunteers are needed from 4—9 pm to help with the preparation of the meal and to serve.
- Childcare Volunteers: Once work begins on the homes, Simonton Community Church and Parkway Fellowship will be offering childcare for impacted families so children are not exposed to flood waters and debris. Needed: Experienced Childcare workers and volunteers.